Posted in | By Pinpoint Resource Group
IT Service Desk Manager
Location/City: Rancho Dominguez, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire
Industry: Industry Type
Job ID: FL58032247
IT Service Desk Manager’s role is to oversee the IT Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate level of service. The ITSD Manager has the responsibility of managing procedures related to onboarding and off boarding of users, identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions.
The IT Service Desk Manager is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing The Company’s ITIL/ITSM-based Service Desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability.
This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. The IT Service Desk Manager is also responsible for staffing, ITSM Service Desk process design, and developing proactive resolution plans. The IT Service Desk Manager will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Strategy & Planning
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Develop policies and procedures for onboarding and offboarding of users and managing company issued IT assets.
- Understanding and driving expected metrics and use them positively to drive improved behaviors and performance.
- Analyze performance of IT Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of IT Service Desk staff, and help coach, motivate and develop the team.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare budget proposals and operational expenditure statements and keep track of those.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
- Oversee Service Desk technology deployment, installation and configuration tasks activities.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the IT Service Desk via telephone, e-mail and other channels to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Attend as required training seminars, conferences and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future ITSM-based Service Desk issues and technologies.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of IT Service Desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach and mentor IT Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
- Manage the overall desk activities and staff.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Attend Change Management and Leadership meetings as requested.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
- University degree in the field of computer science / Information Systems and a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- ITIL v3 certification and/or formal training in ITIL/ITSM preferred, along with equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive infrastructure and application support experience using ServiceNow or other ticketing and incident management systems.
- Extensive knowledge and support experience with common productivity applications including Office 365, SCCM, OneDrive, Active Directory – WASH is a heavy Microsoft shop
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including PCs, phone and network equipment.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server.
- Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Able to investigate and research computer and networking issues and products as required, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Interested in the IT Service Desk Manager role? Apply below!